C-CHEM² Project 2
Title: Microbiome, Environment, and Neurodevelopmental Delay (MEND)
- Characterize the relationship between prenatal and postnatal environmental exposures and the infant gut microbiome across the first year of life.
- Evaluate the associations among prenatal and postnatal toxicant exposures, the infant gut microbiome, maternal caregiving, and infant neurocognitive and social-emotional development.
- Dr. Jeannie Rodriguez, Project Lead
- Dr. Patty Brennan, Co-Project Lead -- Dr. Brennan studies perinatal risk factors and their association with child cognitive, emotional, and behavioral development. Through her research she hopes to inform early intervention strategies that will reduce risk and increase resilience in childhood, adolescence, and adulthood.
- Dr. Subra Kugathasan, Project Co-Investigator
- Dr. Jennifer Mulle, Project Co-Investigator